Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pregnant - Week 27

Week 26+2

Lacking the strength and committment to write about more serious matters, I thought I'd take a break and give a short update about the coming baby. I'm now 27 full weeks pregnant (or pregnant in week 28 as we say here in Sweden) and "The Bean" is growing and kicking along as it should. People that see me now think that I'll give birth in a month or so, or that I'm actually carrying twins. There's still only one little creature in there though, which is due on November 22nd.

After having a couple of months of feeling pretty much fabulous, other pregnancy signs have started to appear lately. I'm experiencing pretty bad pelvic pains (could be a blocked sciatic nerve too) when I've been standing up for a long time or walking a lot, which makes it impossible to walk like a normal human being, or even get out of bed sometimes. It feels like a giant needle very suddenly stabbing my buttocks which causes my leg to fold and me to loose balance (and let out a row of not so flattering curses). So far I've been lucky to have something to grab each time it's happened. The charming stomach acids have returned with all its might too.

My thyroid gland is overproducing a bit, so I'll be back at maternity centre in a couple of weeks for more tests. Since I'm already diagnozed with Hashimoto's Disease, it's probably a good idea to keep checking it once in a while.

I'm still working and enjoy it like no other work I've had before. I'm actually looking forward to each spell of work. I really hope that I'll be able to work for yet another few weeks before the baby is due, and even more that I can continue once I've been home on maternity leave for a few months. I feel really lucky and privileged to be in this line of work and wouldn't mind one bit to continue for a long time.

The picture is taken last week.

3 comments:

kalle said...

commitment to write about more serious matters, I don't see anything more serious or matter than write about our princes/princesa,, : )
so continue documenting about the wonderful thing happening...

wish to take all the pain away from you

Anonymous said...

you dont write anymore? why?

Meme said...

@Anonymous I've taken a break from this blog and am currently writing on another, more personal one, at the moment. Will be back as soon as I can focus more on the topics assigned to this blog : )

@Kalle You're right, but posts about that don't belong in this blog. You have the adress to the other one. x