Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Update

So, things didn't go exactily as I had planned. The visa that I had planned to renew in Spanish Ceuta (in north Morocco) didn't get renewed. The border control said that since I had already prolonged my visa with three months I had to stay out of the country for one month before I could come back. A little panic struck and with only 4 days before my visa expired I managed to book a ticket out of the country, but once in the airport the passport control didn't want to let me through to the gates. They said that the visa extension wasn't valid! After some struggling, a few phone calls and angry looks I got through the control in the very last minute before the gates closed. A little confused I landed in cold cold Sweden (with a quick stop in London) and was met up by my dad and brother. Naturally it was great to see everyone, but it took a few days for my brain to land

I don't know if it was the stress or something else, but as I came back to Sweden my mysterious allergy got worse and now, almost a month later, I've been in and out of the emergency and is pumped up with a whole pharmacy of pills of various kinds. And because of this I can't go back to Morocco yet, since I don't have a car there and can't get to the hospital fast if needed. It. Sucks.

Sweden is as it's always been. Spring is coming, family intrigues are blooming and my face is swelling up like a balloon a couple of times per week. Morocco seems far away, almost like my life there is only a dream - a dream so good that you regret waking up. Thank god I have my family and my girls Anna and Frida. Whatever would I do without you!

I've started the countdown to Anna's wedding in June. I hope I get to go back to Morocco before then so I can buy myself a nice kaftan and the wedding present I've already chosen. I can't wait to see Anna in her wedding dress, taking the big step into the adult world!

No comments: