Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Finally on My Way!

It's 8:27 in the morning and I'm sitting on the bus that will take me from Göteborg to Kastrup Airport in Copenhagen, Denmark. I estimate to arrive at the airport around 12:30 so I hope I will have anough time to check in and get the extra bag payed for and checked in as well.

Yesterday, the day before my travel, I got a problem, or rather two problems. I had gotten the information that i could bring two bags containing 23 kgs each, but just yesterday I found out that I can only bring one bag. So now I'm hoping that I can bring that extra bag as exceeded luggage and pay extra for each kilo that exceed the 23 kg limit. They said it will cost me around 100 Euro. Ouch.

Second problem was that I never had time to get my licence from my doctor saying that the medicines I'm bringing are essential to me and are legal. When I rang the doctor they said that it just wasn't possible to scan and email the damn thing. God knows for what reason. I'm guessing they were just lazy or just had no clue about how to do that. I had no option but to pack the medicines and hope for the best, in otherwords that they won't check my medicines at the customs and that everything will run smoothly from then on.

Anyways, it's raining when I'm leaving Göteborg and the sky is thick with grey clouds. My mum dropped me off at the airport and it was hard to see her cry when we said goodbye. I know they're worried about me, but this is something i really want to do, I even need it. At the airport I ran in to one of my very best friends Jakob by chance. It was really great to getto see him before I went and give him a hug. I'll miss you Jakob!

I'm trying to take in as much as I can of the green woods along the highway. I know I will miss all the green we have in Sweden. But on the other hand I'll instead be blessed with a wonderful man, lushy hills, snow covered mountains in the distance, endless beaches, palm trees and gigantic souqs filled with things that I won't be able to resist buying no matter what. Just imagine all the fantastic Moroccan handicrafts; lamps, clay pots, gorgeous fabrics, pouffs, scarfs and amazing wooden and iron furniture.

Please keep in touch everyone. I'd love to hear of any updates. Especielly Anna's wedding, Frida and Jona's gorgeous daughter Tyra, the growing belly of Linda, the life in Göteborg and everything else. So don't forget me just because I move to a different continent. Internet rules remember!

I love you all. And thank you for a great fare well dinner last Sunday. I know that some of you are worried, but please don't be. I promise that I can take care of myself and deal with any problems that may or may not occur.

Mmmmwah!

No comments: