Sunday, October 9, 2005

Ramadan Kareem!

Day four of Ramadan, which is a muslim monthly holiday for those of you who didn't know. Everyone is fasting between sunup and sundown, meaning no drink, no food, nothing to buy and nothing to do . As a khawajia (westerner) the rules don't really apply to you, but it's very rude to drink or eat among fasting people until the sun set.

Yesterday me and Björn went to Suq es-Shabi, a market not too far from where I live. It was pretty frustrating because you heard a "Welcome!", "kssss kssss" and/or finger snappings ever five meter you went. But Björn was fun so it was fun anyways. I god hold of a couple of nice tunics too.

There are more Swedes here than I had thought there would be. I mostly hang out with Björn, but also with Cecilia, Ida, Linn and Cecce. It's nice to speak Swedish now and then and to be able to talk about people behind their back without them understanding (yes, I know I'm a bad person, but one has to take pleasure in the small things in the every day life).

My report in Transit, P3, has been moved to October 24th.

No comments: