Monday, October 17, 2005

Evening Breakfast and Every day Life

A couple of days ago I was invited to Shabia in North Khartoum where Swedish Cecce lives. It was nice to get away from the city and to see some greeneries for once. She showed me around at the Univeristy and I met a few new people. Then we took a welk down to the Nile before we went to her Sudanese family to have my very first Ramadan breakfast. I can't really understand how they manage to fast during the days, but obviously they're doing pretty well even though they get slow and lazy and blames it all on Ramadan! The word "ramida" means something like "extreme heat" and during Ramadan you will burn away your sins. I have begun to think that maybe they have a point there, I mean, this heat is NOT normal.


It's sad that I didn't get the chance to meet Cecce until now, because her and me are pretty much aloke. I have a great time with her and it already feels like we've been friends for a long time. On Thursday she's going back to Sweden (Please Cecce, come back soon!).

No comments: